Wednesday 16 July 2008

RL Adventures!

Tenebrous and I took a well earned break in the New Forest for a few days to celebrate one year to the date we met IRL. We stayed in a lovely little village called Burley, in the heart of the National Park. The hotel wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped it would be (raw chicken for dinner is NOT what I call enticing!) but the staff were all nice and it turned out ok in the end.


We visited the New Forest Otter, Owl and Wildlife Sanctuary and Beaulieu Estate (which hosts the National Motor Museum) and also managed to fit in a trip to the cinema in Southampton to see Hancock (well, Tene saw Hancock, I saw most of it but also fitted in a much-needed nap).


The village itself is host to some very interesting shops, including A Coven of Witches and The Sorcerer's Apprentice, all of which pay tribute to the village's history of dragons, smugglers and witch-craft.





You can see the rest of my photos here.

No comments: