Tuesday 27 May 2008

My Celebrity Look-alikes


I am fortunate (or unfortunate) enough that IRL, I don't really look like anyone famous. Unless of course my parents are famous and I don't know it! So when I saw on a few other blogs that www.myheritage.com allows you to put in a picture of yourself (or your avie) and use their facial recognition technology to come up with a list of celebrities which you most resemble, I was intrigued.

I tried it about 5 times and couldn't work out why it wouldn't work for me, but then of course, then penny dropped. They obviously weren't expecting me to have big black ears on top of my head. So after the painful experience of parting with them long enough to take a snapshot, I set off on my mission of celebrity lookalikeism.





So I look like Tyra Banks, Nikki Cox, Madonna, Avril Lavigne, Daniela Pestova, Scarlett Johansson, Christina Aguilera and Mariah Carey.


So now that I know who they are, what do they do? Although in this day and age you don’t appear to have to do anything in order to be famous. Um, Paris Hilton? All she ever does is moan apparently! Oh, and get arrested. I know who some of them are, obviously, but in the interest of thoroughness, I shall research them all (bring on Wikipedia!).


Strangely enough, among the list is Avril Lavigne, the object of Tenebrous’ secret dreams... No wonder he fell for me :)


Tyra Banks – supermodel, talk show host and actress. Most famous for judging the reality show “America’s Next Top Model” and hosting her own self titled talk show.


Nikki Cox – actress most famous for her appearances in “Unhappily Ever After” and “Las Vegas.”


Madonna – alternative name for Mary, the mother of Jesus. She is also the Michigan born “Queen of Pop” responsible for such hits as “Like A Prayer” and “Ray Of Light”.


Avril Lavigne – Canadian pop singer who has also turned her hand to fashion designing and
acting. Voted 7th most powerful Canadian in Hollywood by Canadian Business Magazine in 2006.


Daniela Pestova – Czech supermodel who has appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated three times, as well as modelling for L’Oreal and Victoria’s Secret.


Scarlett Johansson – childhood star of “The Horse Whisperer” who has gone on to star in such movies as “Lost in Translation” and “Girl With A Pearl Earring”.


Christina Aguilera - singer-songwriter best known for her single “Beautiful”. Recently she has also been the face of jeweller Stephen Webster’s exclusive “Shattered” collection.


Mariah Carey – the first artist to have her first 5 singles top the US chart. It is rumoured that Mariah will appear in the newest Adam Sandler Movie “You Don’t Mess With the Zohan”.


So there you have it! I look like a whole bunch of famous women. What a shame I don’t share their talent....

No comments: