Thursday 10 July 2008

Loco Pocos

Last night was the Grand Opening of Loco Poco Island and the launch of a simply amazing range of avatars called Loco Pocos. Loco Pocos are "an entirely new level of avatar customisation to Second Life™" and they are so cute you just wanna pick em all up and hug em!

There are currently 10 avatars to choose from (5 male and 5 female) and heaps of accessories, including T-shirts, skirts, hair, shoes and hats. With the avatar comes a HUD, with gestures and expressions that are extremely well suited to the avatars.

For the Grand Opening, Washu Zebrastripe and Damien Fate laid out a scavenger hunt around the island. Each participant received a HUD with 5 pictures on it and was tasked with searching for the matching item on the island. I started off thinking "wow, this is gonna be easy" but after 40 minutes of searching and finding only 1 of my items.. I quickly changed my strategy!

As a result, I don't have too many pictures of the island itself, I was too busy looking for an anchor! So you should definitely go there and see it for yourself!

A HUGE congratulations is due to Washu and Damien for the sheer dedication and effort that they have put into this range and I'm sure they will be tremendously successful!







You can see the rest of my photos here!

1 comment:

Skinkie said...

It certainly was an awesome grand opening. Damien and Washu have done a fantabulous job in creating Loco Pocos and I just ADORE my new pink and white bunny avatar. AND after hours of lag, crashing and other SL-type glitches I eventually found all five of my scavenger items and got the special Loco Pocos avi, Yay!
Can't wait for the next event there :-)